View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Digi 003+ Mod Inside

If it's anything that compares to the 002r...
1) the caps are changed out to OsCon caps in the "Signature Series" mod. All of them. Anywhere. Whether it's in the analog stages or wherever else.
2) NE opamps get changed out to BB.
3) AKM chips are changed out, but only one side - I can't remember if it's A/D or D/A (D/A, I think). They USED to do both, changing whichever stage had the other (less dynamic range, but still good chip), but the AKM5393 got hard to get - I know, because I got it for them, and if you're willing to get it for them they're willing to still throw it in there.
When I got the initial mod, the analog stages modification was about $500 - like, $475 or something. The mod with the power supply was the biggest jump in price, which makes sense. Everything else I'm sure is labour - I know I wouldn't want to be mucking around on those PCBs with no space between anything.
Some of this info is on their website, the rest you can get from e-mailing them or calling them. I actually talked to Matt about why they are putting the OsCon caps instead of Nichicon or Panasonic stuff (which is what our tech here usually puts in our gear) and he said they're just more consistent, better temperature wear, lower ESR values, linear into the MHz range - just better.