View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:46 AM

Default Re: The best amp modeling plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
When you say 'same brand of modeler' are you talking the same plugin on all the parts? Are the parts harmonically related to each other somehow? It could just be different tracks need different amp models. You get too much of say Diezel or Herbert in one tune and things start to fight with each other.
The exact scenario was a basic punk song with 3 guitar parts (one of them a baritone). Parts were similar, but intended to have different tones. I had Waves' GTR tool rack on all three with different presets including different cabinet models, pedals, etc. I was having trouble getting them to sit on their own in the track. All three were distorted tones. I swapped to the Sansamp and 11 MkII on two parts and without too much effort all 3 parts had their own space.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)