View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Sample Rate and H/W Buffer negotiation woes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
Can Focusrite call RME and ask them how do they do it?
It's not a clear cut, is it? We have answers from two RME users. Regarding question no. 2 (sample rate change), one say no, the other say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.LoDuca View Post
  1. Can you change H/W Buffer Size from within PT without the need to quit PT?
    No.
  2. Can you switch between sessions with varying odd sample rates from within PT without PT either locking up, refusing to play, or the need to quit PT? I am specifically talking about switching between 44K1<>96K, 44.1K<>48K and 48K<>88K sample rates.
    Absolutely not, PT will not tolerate that for a microsecond!!
  3. Which audio interface did you use for these questions?
    RME to MULTIFACE which is 16 i/o.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
  1. Can you change H/W Buffer Size from within PT without the need to quit PT?
    No.
  2. Can you switch between sessions with varying odd sample rates from within PT without PT either locking up, refusing to play, or the need to quit PT? I am specifically talking about switching between 44K1<>96K, 44.1K<>48K and 48K<>88K sample rates.
    Yes. Commonly switching between 88.2 kHz and 48 kHz, depending on which projects I'm working on.
  3. Which audio interface did you use for these questions?
    RME UCX (Pro Tools HD 11.2.1 on Windows 7 Professional SP1), RME Babyface (Pro Tools HD 11.2.1 on Windows 8.1).
Thanks for the report mesaone, that's very interesting. Is there any chance that you are good at making screencast videos - showing your success in jumping between Pro Tools sessions with odd different sample rates, preferably using USB?

I know this is a huge request, but it would be invaluable as documentation for people with issues to bring to their respective manufacturers and developers. I fully understand if you can't be bothered.