View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Updated everything - NOW P.T Crashes / protools wont load my projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Cheers for the advice guys i will try all.

just to refresh my memory ...,

Question 1; how do I trash protools version19.6.0 again (on Mac Pro running Mojave) ?
.., as youtube vids etc only show;go to - library/preferences/ then an avid folder?
- note; i do not have this avid folder at all in that location? .., so where do i find it and what do i delete?

Question 2; can I open pro tools without the plugins and instruments loading ?
.., or do I need to uninstall protools , followed by uninstalling all plugins and V.I's
.., and then reinstall protools ?
.., as i want to add plugins one at a time if possible to search for the culprit?
Q1 - The easiest way to trash your preferences with OS X is to use Pete Gates application which can be found at http://petegates.com/pg-pt-prefs.html

Q2 - Just move all your plugins from the plugins folder found at Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins to the Plug-Ins (Un used) folder, at the same location.

When you relaunch Pro Tools it will only load the core Avid plugins.

See if your problem is solved. If it is, you will know that it is probably a third party plug in causing the issue.

Quit Pro Tools.

You can then move your third party plugins one at a time, or in groups, back into the Plug-Ins folder, relaunch Pro Tools, check whether the problem has returned, and repeat until you find the culprit.

No need to re install Pro Tools.

Opening the session with plug ins inactive will still load them at launch, so it won't help you find which one is causing problems.
5,1 Mac Pro, 3.46 GHz Six Core Xeon, 48gb ram, Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6, HD Native card, Avid 192io interface, Avid 96io, Intensity Pro video card, Radeon HD 7950 graphics card, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.7.