View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Problem with 002 main outs as well as head phone outs?

don't feel too bad i had my pcb board which has my firewire connections blow out 2 months ago and spent 350 to fix it on my digi002. it might actually be cheaper than you think so i would get an estimate first. not to knock anyone but with the digi 003 if you plan on using spdif for any external converter,preamps ect. if you do that i hear there is an issue still being worked out. but the fact it has the world clock option is pretty sweet. going for a digi003 is more money and you're left with a digi002 collecting dust no one wants. this is my opinion but i would look into getting an estimate on repair and when i did it the guy even fixed little things and extra screw and faders in the same cost and was really nice...other option i would consider if you plan on dishing out that kind of money and jumping ship depending on your budget is get an ensemble from apogee unless you are dead set on protools as the esemble has great converters and more features with logic i think. or if you have more money but can't afford hd and don't need but two channels now and want to grow with better quality maybe a rosetta 200 or 800 and a nice dual pre and a symphony card to make a jump in quality.

i was looking at moving up and decided to repair and keep my digi 002 and just add onto the spdif 3,000 of conversion,pres and analog summing instead to be able to use logic and protools which i need both. but i can still take the 3,000 worth of new gear and go anyway with it and even keep my digi 002 as a dongle if i wanted to jump ship. but i looked at all options and going hd and trading in you still have to buy new preamps and more stuff and it ends up being way more pricey than going native with apogee stuff. so if you do decided to jump ship instead of repair do some research becasue better solutions, quality and options are becoming available at decent prices in the 2,000-5,000 range these days for us people who can't blow 20,000.