View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 10:10 PM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...
Default Re: Question about updating Mac OSX w/ new updates

I may be one of the few- but, I'm still working fine with Jaguar (10.2.8) and PTLE 6.1.2 on an 001. I'm most likely a dinosaur, but I don't feel the need to upgrade just for upgrading's sake. I use my main Mac (well, both of them, as one is a desktop, and the other is a PB 12") for audio/video production, and they're working fine- I wish I could keep DP 4 from "Unexpectedly Quitting" though- does DP 4 and my version of PTLE (see above) just not play nicely on the same machine? I've heard of some people's successes with this combo, but seems pretty unstable on my machine. FWIW, my PB only has DP 4 installed and runs fine, but the desktop (QS 2002, 933MHz) has both DP and the above version of PTLE on it, and it "Unexpectedly Quits" more than it runs. Although I have had it running smoothly a couple of times.
I guess, if anyone is running similar scenarios, maybe you can chime in with any problems you've had getting the two to play nicely, and how you went about fixing them.
All-in-all, I'm finding Jaguar (10.2.8) still to be pretty stable (except for the DP problems), and am using it day-in & day-out.

Mac QS 2002 (933/ 512MB RAM- I know...I'm jumping it to 1 GB for Christmas...yea!)
Jaguar (10.2.8)
PTLE 6.1.2/ DP 4.11 (I think..?)/ Mach V (w/ disk-streaming)