View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Goodhertz CanOpener

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I tried Redline db112 in the past. I really didn't like how it sounded at all. But, I have to say I really do like the ARS3. I don't care for the head motion feature, and don't use it. If I do want to "turn my head", there is a nice little rotate control on it that can emulate that. But I find comparing how a mix (or individual track or submix for that matter) sounds on close, mid, and far monitors in ARS3 to be quite helpful. Just for fun I did a mix using only the ARS3 on my phones. Then, later, I bypassed it, and listened back on my regular studio monitors. I didn't want to change a thing. Just one guy's opinion.
But how are you getting on with the change in sound that ARS3 imparts? I find some nasty stuff going on in the mids and highs that is not in the session. It completely changed the sound of some guitar work I have. Granted it doesn't actually change anything on the track but when one is trying to do an eval and you get a sound change along with the perspective change it makes things difficult to judge. Too many variables going on.

QAPLA!