View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Is Publishing Admin. worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
The first person I heard it from was the publishing manager at Motown and it was confirmed by numerous other people I met over the years. It is about all to change but it remains to be seen what that will look like.
Thanks. When you say "It is all about to change", what are you referring to?

I've been looking into this stuff lately and there appears to be a lot of smoke and mirrors. I'm trying to drill down to see what's worth what as far as joining, because I have and own a whole bunch of unreleased stuff from over the years [all kinds of stuff, from instrumental fusion stuff to full blown pop productions with high production value]. I would like to get it all "out there" and, hopefully, generating whatever revenue it can.

What do you think of the difference between using Songtrust vs CDBaby Pro. It seems to me that, with a lot of material, it would be less onerous to just use CDBaby as a distributor and using Songtrust separately rather than as some sort of "silent partner" to CDbaby. Just pay the $100.00 to Songtrust rather than get upcharged for every single release by CDBaby Pro, right?

IMO this stuff could all be simplified, and should be.

OH, I found this article regarding Songtrust, and it says they say you need to have racked up about 150k streams across all platforms for it to make sense to join Songtrust as that is about the point at which you would break even on the "setup fee" and commission they take.

https://passivepromotion.com/what-ar...bout-songtrust

Best,

mightduck

Last edited by mightyduck; 12-09-2019 at 01:33 AM.