View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Default Re: PT Performing quite badly visually, but audio is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S. View Post
Hello,

Same problem here since the get go. Same setup except I have the Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB. I contacted customer service with my support plan and they could not help. I follow avid guidelines to a T. The only thing that I got to make a difference was going to system preferences, displays, and setting the resolution to scaled and selecting the option right between larger text and default. I lost some screen real estate but it made a noticeable improvement with screen GUI lag. I tried 10.13.6, no dice. Other than that the performance is great.

Dave
Thanks for your response. (and thanks to everyone else as well!)

I played around with resolutions and apparently the whole machine runs better on the default resolution, especially pro-tools. I guess that's a fix, but it's a pretty bad one in my opinion.

And to whoever said to stay saturday if it needs to work monday: HAHAHAHAHA. no. They broke the system, they should be the ones to fix it. (I work at a network) I didn't ask for it (someone just said I did, really bizarre situation but that's another story). The old machine just needed a few tweaks. Instead I'm running on what is basically an experimental system. I actually asked for the last gen of cheesegrater mac and mavericks and PT 11 and they said no for some insane reason. Also, it works fine. It's just visually laggy which slows me down a bit. Audio performance is excellent.

As for details that others were asking about, I'm connecting via HD thunderbolt, my display was running at the highest resolution available, and I run almost exclusively izotope and avid plugins, with the occasional Slate VMR or VSC. EDIT: and my sessions are run from a networked server over a 10gbps connection. When I have issues, I put the sessions on a 1tb external SSD (thunderbolt or USB3) to check if that fixes anything. In this case there was no difference.

Thank you to anyone for your help and I'd still like to hear from anyone experiencing the same issue.