View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 10:47 PM

Default Re: S3 + Mackie Control or HUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I think we have found an issue where if you have installed a fresh install of EUCON recently (not upgrading from an old version) Mackie control fails. We are looking at fixing this in the next release. In the meantime I think I have a workaround. Install v3.6.1 first and then install 18.3 over it.

MAC 3.6.1
PC 3.6.1
I just tried a fresh install of EUCON 19.5.1 and it seems like this Mackie issue didn't get fixed.

I uninstalled that and tried this with v3.6.1, assigning the app and running everything, and then installing 18.3. It didn't work at first but I had to toggle the system preference of "Enable as External Workstation" on and then off for it to work, restarted the apps and it worked after banking once the tracks/faders loaded.

The language in the 19.5.1 installer leads me to believe that it will erase the unchecked installer items and I think it will also erase whatever 3.6.1 did to get the Euphonix MIDI to setup so I'm not going to touch this update.

So for the process of turning on my DAW w/Mackie control;
1. Start EuControl
2. Turn on Artist Mix
3. Wait for link
4. Open system preferences
5. Turn on "Enable as External Workstation"
6. Enter password
7. Turn off "Enable as External Workstation"
8. Repeat every time it's reconnected or randomly stops working (as it often does)

Not exactly easy but it works, kind of.