View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 05:41 PM

Default Re: How many Pro Tools 10 users in 2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemates View Post
Just FYI: I have PT 10 installed on an Intel i7 with 16 GB running Win7 (no updates, ever). It works fantastically - never crashes and solid as a rock. I have a custom built computer with all the recommended hardware for PT. I got it with an 11-Rack which is also really fine (but they disabled the separate plugin GUI, which is just weird.

There is a real drawback in finding RTAS plugins these days. All but impossible, I tend to rely on what I already have; SampleTank, Melodyne, AD Drums,

I have Kontakt and some other things that came with my Triple Play guitar midi pickup - but I can't locate them right now (I think they were all downloads and I am not sure where they went).

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A GOOD REPOSITORY FOR RTAS DOWNLOADS - ESPECIALLY SAMPLERS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
If you're looking for current plugins - you'll have some difficulty getting RTAS support. NI dropped it years back. You may get lucky and find aax32 support though. I'm guessing you have Sampletank 2.5 right? To my mind that was the best version they've put out. Not bloated and what you could/can do with samples up and down the keyboard was genius.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 08-30-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling coprrection on 'genius'