View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:04 PM

Default Upgrade Protools HD on new Mac Pro (2017)

Hello, iīm posting this because i have some questions about upgrading my profesional studio...

I am actually working with a Mac pro 2009 and a protools HD (3), and i want to upgrade to a new Mac pro 2017, but my PCIe cards are not compatible with this new computer, so here we go with my doubts...

Wich is the right way to upgrade to the new Mac pro using my same protools HD? i don't want to spend lots of money, but i have some budget...

Does exist any PCIe cards that are compatible with this new computer (Mac Pro 2017) without changing my protools HD... or should i buy any new hardware from avid and make it work on the new Mac pro?

Also i want to upgrade my protools software from 9 to 11, but i see that is not compatible with the computer that i have actually...

It would be a good option to buy the Apollo 16 and working with the new Mac pro 2017 and protools at the same time? and, on this option, my plug ins like waves, rtas, tdmīs work with apollo and protools???...

I will be so grateful to hear from your advise and i hop to find here the best solutions...

Have a great day!

XERONIMO