View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: MIDI Timing in LE 7.3.1 is BUGGNUTZ!!

Thanx for responding,
I've tried the "fix" you suggested. It didn't solve the problem. The thing that I can't figure out is, just a plain 1/4 note tick played back triggering an "external" keyboard, the audio is off, when compared to the same quantized midi notes... (Please refer to my earlier posts) I can record the output of the keyboard back on a track and it is off with the midi notes. It is either early or late by about a 64th, rarely is it on the beat.

Anybody else out there tried this and had the same experience?? I can't believe I'm the only one. This is scary to me because it's just one midi track, quantized and playing back an external device. What could be more simple...?

It happens with all midi devices. The thing that is bugging me about it is that it's not consistently early or late on playback. It's that it's in-consistent!!

Please don't suggest I try the trouble-shooting methods recommended... because I already have. Something is weird with the midi clock (in PT LE 7.3.1) and I wish you guys would get a handle on it or at least admit you know of the problem... But, I'm sure that will never happen.

I've been recording for 15 years and I know when something is equipment related verses software related. I can do the same test in both my older versions of Logic and Cubase and the problem goes away.

Go Figure...