View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 10:12 AM

Default Re: More Problems PT 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyJohn View Post
I upgraded to PT 11 without a hitch. Then, I decided 2 mic ins on my Mbox 3 weren't enough. I went back and forth between Focusrite's 8 mic pre options (Saffire Pro and Scarlett) and the Mbox 3 Pro's 4 mic pre's.

I decided on 8 mic pre's, and then on the Scarlett. Either one is a good choice though since firewire is not a problem on my Macbook Pro. But I decided on the usb2 Scarlett.

My experience installing the Scarlett's drivers and getting it work with Pro Tools 11 was similar to yours:

1-Install drivers.
2-Pop-up menu directs me to update firmware.
3-After updating firmware, restart, Pro Tools 11 launch, Huge Fail. Meters light up on inputs, but no sound. Meters in both Pro Tools and Mixcontrol lit up, but no sound.

I tried everything. (1-2hrs of troubleshooting and experimentation).

4-I receive an "Aha!!" moment from up high, and it occurs to me to reinstall the drivers.

5-After re-installing the drivers and restarting--runs like a champ.

Hope it helps. If not, contact Focusrite. Their customer service is supposed to be outstanding.

Tim
TIm, you said you reinstalled the drivers - plural...I have only 1 driver I know of. Did you also reinstall the MixControl software?

Part of me is glad to know it isn't just me...tells me there really IS an issue here with the Focusrites, especially since you had the same issue with a the 18i6. I'll try the reinstall.