View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 LE multiple problems

Hi Tom,

THANK YOU for the reply.

>>
Why not just leave them at 88.2. There is a school of thought that insists that the conversion back to 44.1 is cleaner that way.
<<
My simple mind figured 88.2 to 44.1 was easy math which is why I started out at 88.2. Personally, I don't know why I should track at anything above 44.1 (or 48 depending on the media/job). But then again, I'm no media guru. I haven't a clue what goes on (in the back room) when it comes to conversion processes, filtering, antialiasing, algorithms, future trends, etc.

What I have seen is... a lot of industry facilities use 96 (and even 192) as standards. My 003 is capable up to 96. There's probably a reason for that but I don't know what it is.

I want my stuff to be portable (adhering to industry standards).

WHAT I DON'T KNOW is... what path should I take (from an audio quality standpoint involving "rock" style material)?

1) Letting PT convert 88.2 to 96?
-or-
2) Re-transfering all the 88.2 material again (re-recording at 96 instead)?

If there is NO LOSS IN SOUND QUALITY by using #1 then I would pick #1 (obviously... less work).

Since I'm new to this stuff, I'm looking for opinions from users more experienced than me (which there should be plenty of <grin>).

THANK YOU for your time... Frankie J (^_^)