View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Angry Re: HELP, This is bull crap support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzygrace View Post
Just got off phone with avid, they took controll of my computer and all was optimized properly. They uninstalled all malware software and it didn't make a difference. Pro Tools still didn't work.

We concluded it is probably the firewire. I will get a new card and report back. Anyone thinking of the Dell XPS 8100, I will let you know if replacing firewire works.

LG
Avid support is incompetent! They don't care, don't call, don't support their product as far as I can tell.
Response from AVID was to get the SIIG FireWire 2-Port PCIe. I did that and the unit still fails to work. I informed them via my support email with my case number and they have YET TO RETURN MY EMAIL OR CALL ME SINCE LAST THURSDAY. It will be a full week tomorrow. This case started 3 weeks ago. I have had the unit a full month and NOTHING WORKS.

I have called the support line and it won’t let me through because it says my support number is used or in use on an active case. YES IT IS, and no one will help me! This is crap. I can’t call, I can only leave messages to request help.

If anyone else has this type of problem. Please vent because this is unacceptable of an expensive product that doesn’t work. I have done all necessary setup and still nothing. AND I have the emails to prove it!

LG