View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Building a Pro Tools PC

Hi all,

bakedbeansrecord, your build looks great! I'm super happy for you! I'm in the same boat as you. I've been threatening to do this for some time and not too long ago my much loved Mac Pro's logic board bit it. I had an MSI GT 73VR that was testing Pro Tools ultimate on and had to make that my studio driver while I get this build sorted out. I'm behind you in parts, but was thinking of going with the Asus MOBO for my build. Do you think I could get a better bang for my buck with the GIGABYTE board? I want to run my HDX card off of it as well as an AMB Radeon Pro WX5100 and a black magic card for video playback. I'm in the same CPU hunt as you and was thinking of going with the i9 10900K simply because they are speed demons and a newer generation than the i9 10980XE chips so I'm betting on a Tiger Lake upgrade in a year or two that I could just set into the LGA 1200 board. Also it's a cost savings over the X series. That said, I can be easily convinced that this is magical thinking on my part. I managed to find an i9 10940X chip for a mere fifty percent markup. Would I be foolish NOT to grab that and give up on my LGA1200 dream?

Best

Aaron