View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro\'s-why does a 30k app not make life easier?

Quote:

01. RTAS instrument support that actually works.... not like what you think works now... like really really works!!!
02. AU support.. because i have no faith in RTAS... if you want composers/songwriters on protools they have to have instruments.
03. EUCON support... Admit when you have been beaten by Euphonix (or)
04. ICONS should be able to control more than one rig from the surface at a time. otherwise you start to piss guys like me who off..who have to sometimes work in budget icon rooms and have my workflow suffer due to the stupidity of your design.
05. MIDI- Fix the edit page or add a new window for a view similar to logic/cubase/nuendo/dp/ etc who give you a matrix window with all the notes in view.
06. Allow for network and raid drives to be used in playback and record.
07. Support for multiple sessions at the same time...
08. Multiple Bar ones in the same session
09. Nuendo like update session mode for guys who do editing on dub stages
10. More tracks at 96k and 192k... cmon...
11. LISTEN TO YOUR LOYAL USERS WHO HAVE SPENT A LOT OF $$$$ ON YOUR SOFTWARE.
I can address a few of these:

1. We're working on it.
2. Can't be done with the current audio engine for Pro Tools, as it's a real-time engine, while AU is buffered. Hopefully #1 will get to the point that you have confidence in RTAS instruments.
3. I have no internal info on this, so - no comment.
4. You can - 7.4cs2 supports control of multiple Pro Tools systems from a single ICON system.
5. We are working on this.
6. There are technical reasons this hasn't been implented, except in certain configurations (Unity, ISIS, etc.).
8. Request has been noted more than once. I'm not sure of the current state of any implementation, however.
9. Noted as well.
10. How many tracks do you need/want?
11. We try!