View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Anyone using Soundgrid Studio still?

Quote:
Default Re: Soundgrid Tester latency
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Voyles
Are you still using the Soundgrid format?

Pro Tools 12.7 (native) is adding over 6000 samples of delay compensation while running StudioRack in Soundgrid mode on Windows 10.

Tech support seemed to think it was normal, but I'm having issue overdubbing with latency that high.

I just wanted to see if you encountered anything like that when you were testing.

-Josh
I sold all the DiGiGrid stuff a while ago and have HDX instead. If you try and run any monitor mix through ProTools with StudioRack on a Rec Enabled channel (not in INPUT mode) you will see this latency in PT using DiGiGrid. This does not mean the monitor path has high latency though. Like HDX - DiGiGrid for live inputs only gives low latency when the signal path is through the eMotion mixer - not pro tools. You may tap ProTools channels but these will all have to have StudioRack plugins set to Input mode. Then you need to map things from these StudioRacks to eMotion to physical outputs. Then control most things in eMotion. It works and you will get low latency with all the Waves plugs but it is a tedious thing to set up and run (IMO).

Best of luck...