View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 AM

Default Waves 9, Licenses & iLoks

I've recently purchased a Waves 9 bundle to install on my company's Profile to fulfill a rider requirement for an upcoming gig.

Installed the complete Waves package fine, registered my serial with the Waves Site and then successfully transferred the License using Waves License Center to my USB stick to authorize the plugins on the console.

The problem is, the license file is on my personal USB stick- I think I'd probably rather have the license stay on the iLok that lives inside the Profile. However, I wasn't able to 'see' the iLok as a vaild USB drive within Waves License Center. I don't have much experience with iLoks, so i don't know if that's normal (that they don't appear as normal usb storage devices).

Is it possible to put the Waves License on an iLok? Or will I need to use a separate USB stick that gets carried around separately (or maybe installed in the Profile too).

Lastly, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but is there any way at all to use Waves across multiple consoles that we own? If my company has purchased the license it would be nice to be able to use it on all our Venue systems.. doubt this but wanted to check. Pretty sure you can't just copy the authorization file across multiple sticks.. right?

Apologies if this is more of a Waves question than Venue- but I am working solely in the Venue Live environment and uh, Waves support kinda sucks.