View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 12:04 PM

Default Dual RAID Array?

Hey guys. So, I need some advice from people who are familiar with RAID arrays within the context of music production and recording. I'm in the process of updating my main studio machine to a Mac Pro, and while I'm at it, I plan to rework my data storage scheme. I have two 500 GB SSDs that I want to port over from my current system, and I was considering buying two more of those and a four bay enclosure like this (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VJ4IWVU/...=IT8Q3WGY04ED8) so that I can create two separate RAID arrays. I'd like to have one mirrored array for my main recording drive so that it is always backed up, and then create a RAID 0/striped array with the other two drives for my sample libraries. I'll be using another USB 3 drive to back up that whole configuration and my system drive. The thing is, I've never worked with RAID before, and really only know the barest of basics about it, so I was hoping someone could tell me if that kind of configuration is even possible, or recommended for audio production. I'll be running Pro Tools 12 on this system. Thanks for any suggestions you can give.