View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 06:00 PM

Default Re: where to buy oxford chipset 911 drives (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK View Post
YES it does according to the Manufacturer. I mailed them the product code yesterday and they say ///

Subject: RE: Manufacturer Code: 908112-01
Date: 18 December 2008 17:54:07 GMT
Hello,
[bleep]
That model uses the 934SSA Oxford Chip.
[bleep]
Mike.
[bleep]-------------------------------------------
Odd that this is Firewire 400 only and USB and yet it uses the 934 .. Maybe the latest chip is just put into all there units....
Jigsaw Co, were saying to you that this model does NOT have the Oxford...Hmmm okay whatever.
You got the best one anyway, with it having Firewire 800 and esata.
Apple looks like they are phasing out Firewire 400.

Are you gonna partition it?
daaaamn....... well......they said they couldnt see or find anywhere where it was stated as having it.....so this would lead them to believe it did NOT....or presume so....... actually one guy said it didnt.....on phone,.... maybe he just wanted the sale....although they sent me support link for gmedia wherei could email them and ask them....but ive spent way too long on this ....... yeah weird...... as the cheaper one is an older model they said.... and the one i bought was a newer one with the 924 chip.... and i asked them if it had 9ms seek time.....he just googled it...and read some review say as fast as up to 4 or 5ms ......

I didnt even look if it had firewire 800..... as i think even the new macbooks dont have firewire i think..... if macbooks dont have firewire anymore....and pro tools wants firewire drives....what is the solution?

partition it? ....that is too advanecd for me! .....how would i benefit by partitioning it??? ........ man i hope i dont have have to reformat it for pro tools and mac....... thats a bit of a grey area for me....... pro tools wants the drive to be journaled extended or something......im gonna have to get the manuals out and read........ anything i need to do before putting pro tools sessions onto it? (dont think im gonna use it for anything else, apart from pro tools..... im gonna get another BIG hard drive to back up my macbook and back up G-media drive too on it)

optical super drive in macbook is CRAP.... might be good to just take that out and fit another 7200rpm drive into laptop.... its noisy... and it always asks...." change region....but you can only do this 4 times"!!! so after changingit four times....its gonna get locked down to one region....and so other region dvds wont play...... and they call it superdrive? they dont mention this on apple mac spcec and features do they? and ive only used british bought dvds in there.... and one dvd rom was freezing up..... i dont like using the superdrive. ...