View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 07:05 AM

Default Re: beginner in pro tools needs major help, 7 major questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
You started identical threads in five different sections of the forum?

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sardi, probably just not knowing better .. !!! welcome Heidi ..

hi Heidi, one thread will do .. !!! and youtube and the Manual are your friend ..

1) "Tracks in pro tools, where can lay things but not play things" ...this would be called the Clip Bin - it lives, Docked, on the right side of the Edit Window - will say CLIPS at the top

2) "Chopping things up in beats, to play the beat (say on keyboard note), and then chop the track(audio track) up accordingly, to this particular beat" .... this would require a Sampler like Kontakt or whatever the Cubase version of Sampler is ..

3) "Set a piece of *trimmed* track as a note, and play repetitively in a specific *rythym*..." sounds Sampler orientated again ..

4) "For making drum mixes
Not with *pad* but with keyboard" ... slightly confusing .. what do you mean by TONES ??? not a Pro Tools Term (again, the manual will help you learn the Pro Tools Way ..

5) again, confusing "Splitting songs into separate tracks...
(possibly by eq)"

6) "making single person into multi person chorus vocals" .. again, the way you are saying it can be confusing .. are you wanting to start with ONe Vocal and then Edit / Manipulate that One Track into other Harmonies ??

7) "Making mono sound/track (thinking of chorus, stemming from acapella first) into stereo, and filling out out more, making it more rounded" ... Hmm, more singers !!! again, confusing as to what EXACTLY you mean ..

i hope some of this helps .. i am guessing at what you mean ..

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro