View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Default Re: ASIO Priorities, X32, Windows 7.1 and PT 9.0.6

Daniel and Bruce,

Hey hi and how you doing. Me, well ... things are not working correctly yet.

As for which hard drive died, it was actually my one of my two audio drives. The WD is seven months old the other was about 10 year old Seagate Barracuda 250 Gb drive. They are in removable rack spaces and I only use the one I am working with the Native drive. I never saw the need to run the other two drives when they were not being used and everything is backed up to a Glyph 1.5 Tb drive.

And yes I was using the X32 with Pro Tools 9.0.6 on this machine running Windows 7.1 because Avid's compatibility charts say neither 9 ot 10 will work on Windows 8. Just to be clear here, Win OS 7.1 is 32 bit and my Win OS 8 is 64 bit as is Win OS 10. I do own all three.

All my software and drivers load seamlessly and the UAD-2 Quad works as well. They all load into PT when I open it and when I load a session, too. The only hang is the message I get when the session is just about done loading and clicking 'Save'. 'Quit' or saving the session or not after I click either does not seem to do anything just like changing the ASIO Properties. (I do get a notice in the Behringer UFX 1394 ASIO/WMD that says, "Programs such as Pro Tools 9 will multiple your setting by 2. And yes I have tried settings a 256 and 512 to match the Playback Engine HW buffer, BUT every time I go and check after setting this up it still reads 512 or 1024. It also will not let me change anything there after I set the UFX Control Panel settings).

I also have a thread open at the Behringer Communities and b