View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 01:18 AM

Default Re: ASIO Priorities, X32, Windows 7.1 and PT 9.0.6

Daniel,

Thank-you for your response, I appreciate you taking the time.

Yes, my sessions are all either 44.1/24 or 48/24. I keep both type of sessions in either rate in separate folders and always look to change this in the sound mixer properties box before I start as needed.

the X32 is set as the default interface and windows sounds are disabled in the sound properties in the control panel of the computer.

I was using the X32 as you mentioned as the front end only but went to using it as the out for "in the box" mixing set-up. I use it with a couple S16's which are in my performance room and I feed a Rolls HP62 for headphones. I have six different mixes I can use as individual custom mixes for performers. I works really well with the buss/output structure of the X32. Or at least does for me.

it was running really well, but that all changed when the one hard died mid session a couple three weeks ago. I have not been able to get it all set up to where it was since. I did run for a couple days with Windows 10 after running the compatibility settings/trouble shooter in Windows 10. Again, that did not last either so I tried to go back to the set-up that worked best. I also have a copy of Windows 8 64bit, too. But supposedly Pro Tools 9.0.6 and 10.3.10 are not compatible with Windows 8, at all. So I have never tried that set-up. Maybe I should using the Compatibility Troubleshooter in 8, too. What do you think?

Hemingway, thank-you very much for taking the time. I hope the new ramblings will strike a nerve a get me another suggestion on how to get it up and going again.

CTG