View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Download of HD Ultimate Drivers prevents Mac Pro from rebooting

Hi All: I am happy to report that I have successfully downloaded PT HD Ultimate 2019.12 and am back up and running. As soon as I downloaded Mojave 10.14.6, the system recognized the new Samsung SSD and I was able to boot from that disk leaving the original SSD disk with Pro Tools 10 in place for future reference if necessary. I did a clean install of PT HD Ultimate on the new SSD drive by loading the drivers first and the program second. The drivers updated the AVID hardware I have and was instantly recognized in PT. YEAH ! Thank you Darryl for the SSD suggestions and K. Roche for reminding me I had to boot from Mojave to get the computer to recognize the new Samsung SSD drives and to download the PT HD Drivers FIRST before installing the program. You guys are the best !

Steve.
Mac Pro Mid 2012 3.46 Ghz 6 Core Intel Zeon 32 GB Ram; Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 (1 TB) (x2); Syba I/O Crest dual m.2 NVMe Ports to PCIe 3.0 X 16; Nvidia GT 640 Graphics Card; Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6; Avid Omni, Avid I/O 16, Avid HD Native Card; Avid PT HD 2019.12.