View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Default Assignable Channel Encoders 13-16 not working

I haven't had the S3 for that long and I just noticed that the Assignable Channel Encoders (lower encoders) on channels 13-16 do not work when I turn them. If I press them, they do reset parameters, etc. But when I turn them, the channel strip displays do not show any change and there is no change in Pro Tools.

Now here is where it gets especially weird:

If I flip the encoders to faders, I am able to make adjustments to those parameters on the fader and now turning the encoders do actually show changes on the strip display, but the weird thing is that the changes the strip display are showing, do not reflect changes in Pro Tools. If I flip the faders and encoders again, the fader on the S3 is updated from the change on the encoder, but Pro Tools is still not showing or making any updates. If I now touch the fader on the S3, the fader in Pro Tools will now quickly jump to reflect the change.

I am using the S3 as a monitor controller as well and I have noticed that the channel control encoders (top row) for the same 13-16 don't change parameters when you turn them either unless I go to to Audio Control to change DIM and volumes. In those cases, it works exactly as expected.

I am on EuControl 18.3.0.244, Pro Tools 2018.10.0 Firmware: 1.2.0.131

Anyone else seeing this or any of this weirdness? Am I missing something?
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio