View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 03:31 PM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

I have to say, i was chuffed about the short notice of the price changeover.

I would also have liked it if they did something like any plans purchased before a current plan runs out at the old price, after you run out, updated pricing. Instead of the rush to buy before July 1st. I mean, really? What was that all about?

I don't care for the subscription model but frankly after reviewing my history with this software i found that i bought perpetual licenses with the expectation of paying for major upgrades because I didn't see the point of paying yearly for incremental upgrades. The only reason i started doing so the last few years was because they had made it less expensive

So now it's back to the old pricing system. I cant remember how much i paid to upgrade from 5.x to 6.x but i'm sure it was at least 100 USD what eighteen or so years ago? I paid for one more year last week just for the hell of it. My systems all work fine, the only time i ever needed support was to get a price/billing situation handled, so i'm at the Meh, whatever point.

Admittedly, I got a little spoiled by the updates but no real need of them and i'll just go back to pay for upgrades if/as needed. 199 USD every couple or three years aint bad to me.