View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 AM

Default Re: More Waves Central follies for OSX users

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Update:
Got an email from Waves asking to participate in a survey and if I did in return I'd get a $10US voucher to use on a purchase. So I did the survey and got the voucher; thought I'd take advantage of the current sale and got C6 for $39 (AD with discount was only $41.15 and wouldn't take the Waves voucher) through Waves. Being I purchased directly from them it was already registered so all I had to do was to install it and get the license on my machine.

So I used the current WC version that was like I wrote above and downloaded the license asset to my computer. I then downloaded the offline installer, unpacked it and installed it. Went to run it and because I still had the Ethernet cable plugged in it went through it's update and got me right back to where I started. So I unplugged the cable to the 'net and reinstalled the offline installer. Used that to install C6. So far it appears to be working okay - haven't had much chance to actually work with it.

Moral of the story:
If you're forced to have to use the offline installer because of OSX incompatibilities (and you only have one computer) and you have a newer WC unplug/disable your internet connection before running it.

And therein lies why I'm an idiot in all this - I do have another computer that does my Photoshop and regular internet work (email, etc.). Should have followed what Waves wrote about installing WC on that machine and using a ram stick (in my case a memory card like from a DSLR) for my license assets. I wouldn't have to go through what I did with the WC self-updating.

Last but not least:
Any new plugins released after March 23 I think it is will not be added to the offline installer.
There's a form on the AD website to fill out that allows AD to register your Waves voucher, and allows you to use the code during checkout.

I did it yesterday for my dbx 160 purchase.

Asus P6X58D-E, Intel i7 930, 12 Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3
2 WD Black Cavier 640 Gb SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache
Windows 10 Pro