View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Can I used this MOTHER BOARD WITH M-Powered

WOW thax,.... can you tell me which mother board I can used with the same Procesor thats $40-120???

Quote:
the P4 2.8 is sufficient speed to run m-powered.

i know what you want to hear.

but you aren't going to hear it from anyone on this board.

SIS is not compatible.

so if you go that route, then good luck to you, and remember that you will be running something that is unsupported and not recommended.

getting "help" with a system like that is nearly impossible, because Digi will always point to that as being the source of the problem - no matter what the problem happens to be.

so the choice is yours, but when / if your computer doesn't run pro tools, you will already know why.

if your computer does in fact "run" pro tools, but it doesn't quite run "right" then you will also have the answer to that question.

so YMMV - and you have been warned is all i can say.

motherboards are cheap now-a-days = $40~120

why you would want to build your "house" on the wrong foundation is beyond me.

why not just invest in something that you know will be "right" from the "start" and not have to mess around with the headache?

perhaps you are a warrior and insist on making it work.

sounds like russian routlette if you ask me.

some users have really weird problems, like the program quitting on them out of the blue, then when they post their SANDRA information, it becomes obvious right away; and Digi gets exhonerated of all blame, because the compatibility info is readily available.