View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Hdx do not work!!! **!%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuletta View Post
is there a way to update the firmware if pro tools do not recognize the card?
You are likely to dig yourself into a deeper hole farnarkling around with firmware. Unless you have reason to know you need to upgrade leave it alone.

Kext related security issues at keast on High Sierra are likely to cause all the thigns you describe. Are you sure you are on Sierra (10.12) not High Sierra (10.13).

But either way check...

Is the driver kext file even there? (/Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext)
Is the kext loaded into the kernel? ("kextstat | grep Digi")
If not did you try force loading the kext?

And are there any errors in system.log or similar (see Console.app).

And if you had a kext related error on install it's gone now. I think they persist for 30 minutes or so. You can uninstall the drivers (and heck Pro Tools as well while you are there) and try reinstalling it with nothing else running and no other windows blocking your screen.

Have you ever seen the HDX card work? Is it new or used? Can you test it in another system?

I have no clue about powering the HDX card in the expansion chassis you are using. Is the internal power cable connected to the card? Supplying power (ideally measure the voltage and current at the card end of the cable with a multimeter.

And if all that does not work and nobody else has any other ideas I would grab a spare drive/partition do a full clean Sierra install on it (maybe a recover to that from an existing Sierra recovery partition) and then install the minimal ILM, driver and Pro Tools software just to see if that works.

And/or time to contact Avid support or your dealer.