View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 08:10 AM

Default What's the reason for irregular backups??

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this..

I'm running Pro Tools 12.4.0.294

Not for the first time in my ProTools history, i've gone to look for the latest auto-backup due to an old plugin crashing my whole session. The latest one I could find was over an hour ago. I just made some great moves in the last 15 minutes and even though my auto-backup is set to 'every 10 minutes', this clearly wasn't working.

This has actually happened many times over the years but instead of me posting on the DUC, i'm usually rushing back to remember what I just did. On this occasion I roughly remember, so I thought i'd check to see if anybody can help with this ridiculous situation before I go back and try to replicate the moves.

Ok, i'm a donut for not cmd+saving every minute but sometimes you just get in the zone. Does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have a workaround so that Pro Tools reliably backs up every 10minutes.

Many thanks in advance.

PS. Why doesn't Pro Tools automatically save the session during a crash the was Logic does?

Last edited by thierryhenry; 10-12-2016 at 08:32 AM. Reason: To say what version of PT i'm running