I confirm the button behavior, but not the knob behavior on --
bx_console N
bx_console SSL E
bx_meter
elysia alpha compressor
elysia mpressor
elysia nvelope*
maag eq4
Basically, all of the Brainworks plugs with single-function buttons that I have.

*elysia nvelope in addition to two dual-state (on/off type) buttons and also has a three-state button ("More Select") that behaves oddly. The three-state button returns to Full Range regardless of the initial setting.

bx_subsynth has a couple dual-state slide switches. They do not exhibit this behavior.

All Brainworks plugs are latest versions as of today (updated within the last two hours).

One does not need to be rolling the transport. "Parked" transport, push a button, hit Return.

In a brief survey of other randomly selected plugs, this doesn't happen.

The bx buttons behavior put me in mind of my Windoze days, where you can open a selected file by pressing Return, which doesn't work in Appleland.

macOS 10.12.6, PT 2018.4
Thanks for checking through your stuff - it means I'm not crazy or that it's just my system. The knob behavior isn't as consistent as the button behavior but it does happen; it also extends to the output slider on the E & G channels. The knob movement is what caught my eye and lead me to checking the buttons.

I'll have to check the elysia alpha as that's my favorite finishing compressor on my 2-bus.

I have a tech support ticket in on this one (started it yesterday - Sunday). I'm surprised a bug like this still exists. Speaking of Windows I wonder if those users are also having this issue?

Further checking for this phenomena in Digital Performer confirms it's also happening with the au version. And in Patchwork in standalone mode as well so it's not just specific plugin format that's having the problem. This is my speculation: I wonder if Brainworx meant to have alphanumeric entry of control values (which doesn't exist) which would entail using the return key and the code is waiting for that?

QAPLA!