View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 11:01 PM

Default Guitar playback sounds different to live

Hey, so I am using a Katana-100 Amplifier with a line out feature to plug into the instrument jack on the front of my Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Gen) USB Interface, into Pro Tools First.

When I listen through the amp's speakers, (imo) the tone sounds incredible. However listening through playback it sounds different... it sounds really high gain, or trebly, I can't explain it. The gain is down on the interface input, there's no options on the amp, and I though it might just be the speakers/amp line out being different to the amp's speakers, similar to how headphones never sound similar to the amp's speakers.

However, this still happens when I use the Eleven Lite plugin (and other effects) that came with the interface. I listen to it live, and it sounds great. Listening to it after recording, no mixing or anything, it sounds weaker and really ew... and in my opinion, worse. I can't really explain it properly.

Either way, I have tried to search these forums and other places online, but I can't really find anything. If any of you have any ideas, I'd be extremely grateful. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Eitherway, please help me :)

Thanks,
-Cameron