View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 02:39 PM

Default Re: How to remove plugins from the PT list

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I agree with most all of the above rantings about IKMM. Their authorization process is just burdensome!

However, I still use the CSR Reverbs. I really like the smooth drum room on drums and a some of the others on certain things. Just a nice clean reverb sound. And I like the White 2A levelling Amp and Black 76 limiting amp. I use on vocals a lot.

But, yeah, CS is a PoS in my opinion. Such a nuisance!
Of all the IKMM stuff I have those two compressors are the only things I really still use. Their Echoplex emulation used to get major love from me until I got EchoBoy from Soundtoys.

The one that really disappointed me was IK's emulation of the Mutron III envelope follower. Takes WAY too much level to get the thing to work and even then it sounds like ice pick in the ear. And I should know first hand how the real thing sounds as I worked for the company back in the day when they were on the farm in Rosemont NJ. I did final test/checkout and repair on not just that but their phaser. The Bi-Phase was in development when I was there. The two memorable pieces of test equipment I had were a Fender Twin Reverb and a Strat. One of the tests was to play through every box that went out to make sure it worked as it was supposed to. Let's put it this way - if I ever put the kind of signal into the real h/w box like the IK emulation needs the effect wouldn't work like it's supposed to and you'd blow out the circuitry.

QAPLA!