View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:20 AM

Default Hey guys i need some little suggestion! Please!

Hey whassup everybody...
Little Q.
I'm actually really fine with my setup: OSX 10.5.7, PTLE 8.0cs3 and MBox1. It works flawless. But, since I'll have to use a new iPod Touch which needs 10.5.8 and iTunes10 (at least), I'd ask you: is it fine to upgarde to OSX 10.5.8 with my PTLE version? At Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Compatibility Information I read:

"Pro Tools 8.0 software requires Mac OS X 10.5.5 or higher, and is not compatible with earlier versions of Leopard, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or earlier versions of Mac OS X. If you have an earlier version of Leopard, you will need to update your Mac OS using one of the following Combo Updates before installing Pro Tools 8.0
  • Digidesign testing has shown no known differences between 10.5.5, 10.5.6, 10.5.7, or 10.5.8; all are officially qualified with Pro Tools HD, LE and M-Powered version 8.0, 8.0.1, and 8.0.3 (which I suppose is the 8.0cs3 version, right?!?).
  • Pro Tools 8.0.4 is officially qualified with 10.5.8 only, and not tested with earlier versions of Leopard.
  • Downloading one of the "Combo Update" installers is the recommended method of updating your Mac OS.
  • Updating your Mac OS using the built-in Software Update or smaller incremental "Delta Update" downloads may not install all required components, and is not recommended."
I mean any experience? Is it stable and good-working? I'd better be extremely sure before upgrading, since I already had MANY (MANY) problems with earlier PTLE versions upgrades, and I don't want to anymore.
Thank you in advance guys.
Hed

myspace.com/korneliuskeyloid