View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 05:30 PM

Default Re: I had it with MBox 3 Pro drivers. Please suggest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
I've been in the exact same boat, but with an Mbox 2 mini, Firewire ProFire 2626, and an AudioBox VSL 2424. Seriously just buy a PCIe RME card, and never look back. Even paired with some Behringer ADA8200 for I/o.... you're going to be so much happier. You can't put a price on good drivers. Oddly enough my Mbox 2 mini was better than any other interface until i got the RME.
I went into the RME website. Pretty confusing to me, as I'm not familiar with wha MADI, AES/EBU, etc. are. The thing is it seems like I need to know what to get because they're not precisely stand alone interfaces. Any recommendations on what I should get from RME to be up an running with, let's say, 16x16 I/O?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
If you have any sort of electricity influenced signal noises on your incoming audio to deal with, I would highly suggest going the route mentioned earlier and get the Apollo X-series. That ended a very long battle with electrical noises. New power system including supply and converters cleaned it all up. I hate using this word as it is often over-used (IMO), but for me, it was a game changer.

Yeah, I went from the Eleven Rack drivers to the mBox3 drivers. ugh!!!!!
Yes, I was avoiding Apollo because of the price. I think the price tag is high not only because of the brand and quality, but also because those systems have multicore DSP and include UA Plugin licenses. But I'm starting to think I should get on that path.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual with active updates/support plan)
RME Fireface 802, Focusrite Clarett+ Octopre, Eleven Rack (ERXP)
Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 and Yamaha HS8S
Asus RoG Maximus Hero Z790 (in a 4U slidable rack mount! )
Intel Core i9-13900k 5.4 Ghz (16 cores / 32 threads)
128 GB RAM G.Skill DDR5 6000 MHz (4 modules 32GB each)
Boot disk: Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB
Media disks: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB in RAID 0 for current work, 2 x Seagate Exos X20 20TB mirrored for archive and backup
Video: PNY/Nvidia RTX 3080 TI with a single 4K display Dell U3223QE 32''