View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:41 AM

Default Re: True Peak Normalization: Workflow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJoker View Post

I just don't think you quite understand what I'm trying to accomplish (although I thought I spelled it out). You're suggesting I gain the file up/down to where it's just kissing the -2.0dBTP threshold? Seems wonky to me. I'd rather have offline analysis without the limiter to worry about, ideally plus the ability to change gain within the same plugin.

Regardless, the workflow I used on my latest project:

1) Print audio in real time
2) Analyze printed file in real time using MAAT DRMeter MKII (multitasking while listening to print for problems)
3) Use AudioSuite Gain plugin to bring file to -2.0bBTP
4) Export to desired format(s)

It worked pretty well. Not ideal, but better than using three different programs.
Andrei is suggesting you try the program he mentioned. Did you? Have you looked at the other programs mentioned and demoe'd them? Probably not. And as far as manually changing the output levels that's part of doing good work and NOT wonky. People do it all the time.

But if you want a single program to do the job, in addition to Waves WLM take a look at Junger Audio Level Magic https://www.flux.audio/project/junge...o-level-magic/ Not cheap but then again good tools are worth the money.

You're going to have to get out of your comfort level rut and open your horizons to other/better ways of working.

QAPLA!