View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Pspaudioware E27 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezer View Post
This is easily one of the best sounding ITB Eqs ever made.

Sadly, on PT at least it seems to crash quite a bit (latest version), both normal and SE, and seemingly at random with an access violation but only if you add a handful of instances.

Well it does vary based on the project, possibly inc other plugs, but it's a bit buggy still and has resizing issues AND it also lacks proper page tables for ICON control (SE has some that work but normal has a number before each function so pads out the screens on custom fader mapping so can't read the function... and also doesn't reload custom maps it seems).

SO a great sounding eq, nice GUI, nice usability but buggy AF. A shame someone would put so much effort into making a great sound but not really implent AAX properly (are they just wrapping AAX with a self made wrapper or something dodgy?) and missing page tables, icon control and crashes/graphical errors. And a above the hijack of space bar/keys meaning you lose focus on PT and the plug-in steals it (as do many PSP plugs like fet pressor), altogether a pretty amateur effort on the logistics side which is out of step with how good they made them sound! weird!

From PSP:

Funny how the resize bug was carried across to PT in a later version. SMH. And there is sstill crashing when turning knobs. Means you can't deploy the plug in seriously in a slick/pro setup and know it's not going to kill your session. PSP really need to fix up the AAX version. I think when they moved to iLok it may just have made the bugs even worse, I don't think they are the best coders bugs wise so adding even more notorious baggage with iLok is just asking for trouble.

PSP seem to just give up on plugs once they are a year old or more. I really hope someone better prepared for support/stable programming like softube or someone else gets to have an authorized go at making the E27, it's a gorgeous eq! Avedis should pull official ties with it until/if they fix it up, and let someone else do it. Sadly.
I agree it sounds great, and also seems to be buggy in PT, so I rarely use it.