View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 04:17 PM

Default Re: EQ Curve Supported Plugins

I'd wager any plug in maker that doesn't currently implement correct ICON (D-Command/D-Control) centre section eq/comp controls properly, probably won't have this working either (slackers!). Avid should force them to get the EQ curve and ICON working properly as part of the AAX spec (I know ICON is due to stop support this August but this issue is rampant).

Though waves do support icon properly, they haven't done much with the pretty useless V10 it seems, missing the new EQ curve support.

In these competitive times any plug-in maker wanting a sale should go the extra mile to support AAX fully with the intended features of ICON/Eucon/EQ curve, I've made choices between two makers before based on the one that supported icon properly (if both were comparative sound/function quality). That said, I typically EQ with my eyes closed and mostly from the D-Command without even a monitor on! I love mixing that way so the display of a curve isn't something I'd ever really use (I don't even have the mixer window up in PT at any point.. no need except to mess with 'Heat' settings!). I don't like visual mixing, it makes me second guess everything :)