View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Default Re: 1394 Light not WORKING!!! light not coming on at all HEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcinco View Post
years ago I had the power harness issue. i got the repair parts from digidesign and everything was fine. But last night, a new problem. The firewire connection from the computer to the rack 002 became unstable, or intermittant. Luckily I got it to hang on and we did the session. But now i am very concerned. At first it said device removal error, when the computer lost contact with the hard drive. i tried to restart my session and it said protools hardware not available. I started swapping cables and realized that my 1394 lights were not lit even though everything was connected. When I first inserted the cable to the rack 002 it would light and then go out shortly there after. I was very close to making an emergency rental when sudden;y it decided to work. Thank God for small miracles, but now what? Anyone else have a flaky 1394 jack? BTW both jacks seemed to behave the same way. FIrst a light and then nothing. Sometimes relighting after cable jiggling.
remember, if it don't work just jiggle it.
this sounds like a core audio/wave driver problem. Happend with my 002.

make sure your system prefs do not allow the 002 to handle system/non PT sound as it will randomly disconnect when switching between attached clients