View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 04:22 PM

Default Re: When to let it go????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Funny you should say that, Christopher. A while back I downloaded some stems from some fairly well known artists that were made available for remixing. I was, shall we say, less than impressed, with the mediocre quality of some of the individual tracks, especially the synths. I found many of the patches to be just plain bad. BUT, when you listen to the full, pro-mix...the one that was on the radio and sold on iTunes etc, it still sounds great. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
You got it and some of the biggest Artists vocal takes are sheeeet when solo’d. Dings, dangs and other weird noises and in a famous certain ariana song you can hear the cops drive by twice ... TWICE in the background takes ... uhummm .. yeah ... we would Never allow that to escape outside our studio as the production is what we get the next job on and the Songwriters we are we will keep working until you can listen to solo of EVERY track and not hear any artifacts at all. I know why that poor quality slides by as you said one part is it hides in the mixes and the time the label pays for studio time for the producers to do the job. Thankfully we can take as much time with recording as we want and bill the label for a ”in the middle somewhere” time but mostly we do the music here in our playhouse studio and then when we sell the songs we record the vocals with the artist in the time we need. Not the time the label paid for as we wanna do a great job.. not just enough to get by!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————