View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Mixing a virtual choir

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
In these days of COVID-19, choirs are being creative in trying to do things virtually. In my own church we've done a couple of virtual things so far. One was with the band and a soloist, the other with a bunch of kids. I did the mix and they both came out okay. But, as we'll be trying more of these in the near future, I thought I'd ask here for any tips/tricks or things to think about when trying to mix with less than ideal audio. Most of them just record themselves on their smart phone's video, or laptop and then I strip the audio to do the mix, and someone else does the video edits and uses my mix as the track.

I did what I could with EQ and such, but still...I know they could be better.

So, any suggestions on how best to approach it with this sort of thing?

Thanks for any ideas.

Hi,

izotopr RX7 has good function for separation, pulling the vocal out of a mix if you need that.

ReVoice Pro has a good double track feature where you can change the pitch and formant of the double tracks to give a more realistic multi voice sound.

Both available to demo and i think you might get 3 months demo at the moment, but not sure 100%

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.