Thread: 2020.3 is out
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 07:51 AM

Default Re: 2020.3 is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Yes, but I now also see that this must be what originalscottyg was getting at, you do get an option to route if you right click track headers, click Move To and then select a NEW folder track. It doesn't work on an existing routing folder. Even on a new folder, the option to route tracks to it is greyed out until you then select Routing Folder track. But that's an incredibly specific series of steps, almost deliberately hidden from pubic view!

Have to say this is totally bizarre and confusing to me. What's the point of a routing folder that doesn't route? Under what circumstances would you want a fader, mute and solo buttons for a folder track that don't do anything at all?

(I've summarised all this in the routing folder thread here -http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2559577&postcount=12 )
Yup, that's what I was saying. Agreed that it is a bit convoluted. It seems like there should be a preference setting to the effect of "Automatically Route Tracks When Moving to an Existing Routing Folder". Then we could choose whether this happens or not.

As far as being able to have tracks in a Routing Folder that are not routed to it, that part actually makes sense to me. For example, having reverb or effects returns associated with the group of tracks in the folder but not routed through that bus.