Thread: New Pricing
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 06:04 PM

Default Re: New Pricing

I can confirm the info about the change in pricing. After dec 31st 2019, reinstatement won’t be possible, if you let your plan lapse you’ll either have to buy a new licence or go subscription. Funny as I received an email a couple of days ago from Sweetwater telling/warning me my plan was about to end. It was weird reading it as it was almost like: «*you’re a bad boy if you let it end without paying and you’ll be punished for this*».

Well, you know what, I won’t be punished at all as I’m not in a position where I have to have PT. I was just keeping the plan active as it can be practical to have the industry standard at hand. And the problem is not the 199$ per se, it’s what you get for that money(double of what it used to be), the value of it if you will.

I understand the people who are in a position where they need that software will be willing to pay for this(which is not much if you earn your living with it) but doubling the price for not delivering the goods, which was «*the new way of doing things will enable us to bring you more regular updates to the program*» must be a bit hard to swallow. I sure would find it hard to swallow if they got me by the balls. It’s like giving money to the burglar who just robbed your house...

Blink