Thread: New Pricing
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 04:41 PM

Default Re: What's going on? Renewal is now DOUBLE the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
I still hate the S1 gui, and Cubase 10 is broken on windows with more than 6 cores (12 threads), but I think S1 may be the way to go and just learn to live with the cluttered look. It's so powerful in comparison to pro tools.
I hated the S1 GUI at first too... for about a week. Now I'm used to it. It's forced me to learn new ways to work. But I can honestly say after using PT for 19 years, it didn't take long at all for S1 to become the easier program for me to use.

And the performance isn't even close. Every time I get a PT update, I think maybe this time they will have figured out how to get the performance on par with other DAWs. And every time I still have to keep my buffers at 256 samples or more. No live tracking with plugins! S1 doesn't even break a sweat at 16 samples (not even an option in PT!), and I've never had an audio glitch or crash of any kind in S1. With PT I have all kinds of workarounds to let the talent hear themselves without latency while tracking, and still have a decent sound to work with. With S1 I just set up the mix and hit record. It just works!
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs