View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 06:28 AM

Default Re: PT crashes with audio suite all the time...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
Ideally, you want 20% of the drive's total capacity to be free. Anything less than that is an invitation for issues.

I thought it was 10% free but I agree. This appears to be 2 problems that so far are on my end of things and perhaps not with Pro-Tools. Number 1) Drive too full so PT has to search for free space to write new sound. Also, if my drives shows 30gigz free, that is before I audiosuite these files. Therefore once the audio suite files get written to the drive, the drive may become too full leaving just a couple of gigs fee (these files are all 5/1 stems and there are 6 of them X 90 minutes), Number 2) My drive is attached to a chain of 4 Lacie's firewires but...just noticed that on of the drives on the chain (although I am not using this drive at the moment) has dismounted itself from the computer. This drive appears to have died or lat least its power supply. I am pretty sure that a 'dead' drive on the chain can affect the performance of the other drives (I removed the drive from the chain and I am going to try to fix it later). So...it seems that it is my system that is the problem. I am on my way to buy a new drive and see if in fact that was the problem. Thanks again for all your input and help.
G