View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Digi 002-using FW & core-audio drivers to output audio to mac WITHOUT using ProTo

Jbasil

Maybe I am dismissing PT as too difficult due to my not having used the application. You make a good point in that you keep returning to PT, after using other software. I take it from your comments that after I get over the initial hump of learning to use it; the reward for my efforts will be to leverage the full capability of the 002 and Pro Tools.

After reading your post, I started to research going that route. I did find quite a few folks that echoed your sentiments. I also looked into what it would cost to acquire the PT version I need. That is where I got even more confused. I don’t have a pre-existing version or an iLok USB key. A previous poster (promixr) mentioned a crossgrade, but that looks like it would require a previous version.

For what I am trying to do, recording 2 amateurs playing guitar in the basement, it would not make sense to spend that much money for PT. Seems like using a shotgun to kill a fly.

On the other hand, I feel as if I am wasting the potential of the 002 by not using PT. It’s like someone gave me new car, and I only use it to drive to the mailbox at the end of the driveway…

Does anybody know (ballpark) what it would cost to purchase the version of PT that need to work with the Digi 002 and Macbook Pro (Intel) w/ snow leopard?

My preference is still to have the multitrack input into Audacity, Audition, etc. but the replies from you folks are making me consider other options.

Thanks all for your input