View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 06:39 PM

Default UAD Console & Protools BEST PRACTICES

I switched to an Apollo interface this month and am enjoying the UA Console software and the UA Plug Ins. I don't have any "problems" to fix, I'm just trying to figure out the BEST WORKFLOW.

Such as... when to Turn "on" ProTools "Low Latency Monitoring" and really utilize CONSOLE; the UA plugins, virtual tracks, aux tracks, cue tracks,
And then when to commit fully back to the full ProTools environment, to turn off "Low Latency Monitoring" etc.

How and when to use UA Plugins for mixing- or not. Virtual instruments, real instruments....

Obviously UAD loves selling plugins, but I've already invested in Avid/iZoTope/Waves/Native Instr/ and so much more, so I'm trying to imagine the optimal workflow of when to maximize the functionality of the UAD Console software and plugins and when to not. (or how many of them should I invest in?)

When to "print" and when to not.

For me, I do a mix of electronic and acoustic, so I have plenty of virtual tracks but also plenty of real guitars and multi-part vocals etc. Just wondering what works for people who have established a trusted workflow.

ME: Windows/Apollo Twin USB/Ni Maschine Studio, Kontrol, Komplete Ultimate, other keys, guitars, bass, percussion, vocals etc...