View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM

Default Re: The application Pro Tools has quit unexpectedly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurstlsepp View Post
Hi,

I personally think,that you should do a clean uninstall. That way ProTools software and all your plugins and preferences "should" get deleted.

Then install PT again.

As you are new to this "game" I think this would be the easiest way to get back to a normal working ProTools11.app.

As you wrote you installed "all kind of plugins" it's not easy to say which plugin is causing your problems ... if it is a plugin at all !

Just double check, that your PT-sessions are somewhere at a safe place on your HD.

I would not advice to go thru the usual library, application support, preferences and other folders and trying trashing plugins, plist files etc.

Once you installed PT again and it works, use Labels to color the plugins which were installed with PT. That way, you can easily identify later what was installed AFTER the clean PT install.

Feel free to ask if you need infos bout using Labels and which files you should mark. I will watch this thread.
I truly appreciate your input and for deciding to stick with me until this gets fixed. I definitely thought about reinstalling and of course wanted to do everything but. But since the idea has presented itself a second time, i'm taking it as a sign. Lol. Afterall, most of the stuff these guys are saying in here flies completely over my head. I have all of the right equipment, I know, because my system was set up by someone who specializes in this stuff. But I agree, I do need an external HD and do plan on getting one. I just don't think that's the issue since i've done nothing but practice tracks on here so far.

I will be needing your help with this "labeling" thing you're talking about so that i can do it right. As a matter of a fact, if you can walk me thru downloading my plugins to labeling them, it would be amazing. I don't want to make any mistakes this time around. Once again, thank you so much in advance.